Monday, April 18, 2005

I think a person died!

I am not usually supposed to leave the house, but today it was pretty muggy and around 5am before the sun was up I snuck out for a little walk around the neighborhood. I know I am not supposed to do this, but lately I have felt pretty cooped up! I don't know what it is.

Anyhow, I walked down three streets and over two, then turned around one hundred eighty degrees and walked back. When I was getting pretty near home I heard a real loud siren, so I ducked into some bushes and hoped that no one had seen me.

The siren was from an ambulance, and it stopped across the street from where I was hiding. It stopped at the Buena Vista Arms, a big apartment building. Three men got out and ran up some stairs to an apartment. They were in there for a little while and then they came back down with a body on their stretcher. It was all wrapped in white, and when they drove away they did not use sirens, and actually they did not use turn signals either but I think I will not report that. I think that if they did not use sirens that means they found a dead body. Otherwise why would they cover its face and not act like an emergency?

I'm not really sure what to do about this. I want to tell somebody so I can figure out of the person was dead or not, but I don't want to get in trouble for sneaking out on a secret walk. Maybe I will use the Internet to see what dead bodies look like.