Thursday, July 22, 2004

A Crummy Mess.

Usually I ask someone to help me open the big soda bottles, but today Lyle said he thought I was old enough to learn how to do it myself. I asked him if he had any tips and he said to make sure to un-screw the cap as fast as possible so that it didn't explode. This got me pretty nervous. What if I made it explode?

Well, I can be kind of tough so I went ahead and got a brand new big plastic bottle of Strawberry Rite out of the fridge. I didn't know how heavy it would be so I kind of dropped it for a minute. Then I finally got a hold of it, grabbed the cap real tight, and unscrewed it as fast as I could.

I don't remember what happened for the next few seconds, because I got so scared I had a black-out. Lyle says that I didn't do it right, and that the Strawberry Rite shot up into my face like a fountain, and that I panicked and squeezed the bottle so that even more shot out. When I finally woke up, there was only a little Strawberry Rite left in the little bottom bumpy-feet of the bottle, and Lyle had left a paper towel by me.

Anyhow, I have to go take a bath.