Thursday, May 26, 2005

I wrote another poem!

Hooray! Chris said I wrote an important kind of poem called a Haiku! A Haiku is 5-7-5, and this way of writing a poem makes listeners feel very good. I guess it is pretty rare to write a Haiku on accident, so maybe I am all-right at this! I'm sorry, I don't want to brag. I will just include my next poem, which I also hope is a Haiku. It is about what might happen on an exciting day in the back yard!


- * -

A Day In The Back Yard!

Read a book,
see a snake!
Run away,
from the snake!

See a bird?
Throw some bread!
Hit the bird?
He is dead!

Time for lunch!
Run inside.
Milky Ways
& su-i-cide!*

- * -

* a "Suicide" is when you can mix a lot of types of soda together, like Coke and Sunkist and Mountain Dew and Lemon Barrel Lemonade and root beer and Hawaiian Punch and Cherry Coke and 7up and Grape Fanta (or also Grape Sunkist) and Pepsi Tab Dr. Pepper Sierra Mist Squirt Sprite Diet SpriteHansensC2RCgingeralefresca [BUFFER FULL SESSION IS NOW READ-ONLY]