Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What did I do to Franky?

Sigh...Cranky Franky went from being grouchy to just plain mean. In the last couple weeks he started sleeping on a big car-wash sponge on a high shelf in the laundry room (he can fly a little bit now) and during the day when we go outside for our walk he flaps as hard as he can and sits on the edge of the rain gutter. He looks everywhere but at me, like he is mad at me. It makes me so sad that he used to be my little baby bird and I would take care of him all day and night and sing Rainbow Connection but now he doesn't even want me around. Maybe I did a bad job? I don't know how to be a dad! Plus maybe he thinks of me when he remembers the awful thing that Lyle did to his mom! I feel horrible. I feel like I have a little hammer sitting in my guts.

Love,
Philippe.